Diffstat (limited to 'doc')
1 files changed, 3 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/doc/eris.adoc b/doc/eris.adoc
index d892cf0..367cd7b 100644
@@ -39,6 +39,7 @@ URN reference :: ERIS encoded content can be referrenced with a single URN (the
Storage efficiency :: ERIS can be used to encode small content (< 1 kibibyte) as well as large content (> many gibibyte) with reasonable storage overhead.
Simplicity :: The encoding should be as simple as possible in order to allow correct implementation on various platforms and in various languages.
+ERIS can be used to make content available robustly (against network failure or active censorship). ERIS is not suitable for encoding private, end-to-end encrypted communication. The encoding does not provide security properties required for such applications (e.g. forward secrecy). For end-to-end encryption see protocols such as https://otr.im/[OTR], OMEMO <<OMEMO>> or MLS <<MLS>> .
@@ -521,6 +522,8 @@ This work is licensed under a http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/[Cre
- [[[DMC]]] pukkamustard, http://purl.org/dmc/spec[Distributed Mutable Containers], 2020.
- [[[ECRS]]] Grothoff, et al., https://grothoff.org/christian/ecrs.pdf[An encoding for censorship-resistant sharing], 2003.
- [[[Freenet]]] Clarke, et al., http://bourbon.usc.edu/cs694-s09/papers/freenet.pdf[Freenet: A distributed anonymous information storage and retrieval system], 2001.
+- [[[MLS]]] Omara, et al., https://messaginglayersecurity.rocks/mls-architecture/draft-ietf-mls-architecture.html[The Messaging Layer Security (MLS) Architecture (DRAFT)], 2020.
+- [[[OMEMO]]] Straub, et al., https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0384.html[XEP-0384: OMEMO Encryption], 2020.
- [[[Polleres2020]]] Polleres, et al., https://epub.wu.ac.at/6371/1/IPM_workingpaper_02_2018.pdf[A more decentralized vision for Linked Data], 2020.
- [[[RDF-Signify]]] pukkamustard, https://openengiadina.net/papers/rdf-signify.html[RDF Signify], 2020.
- [[[RFC7927]]] Kutscher et. al. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7927[Information-Centric Networking (ICN) Research Challenges], 2016.